interface a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Apple has been bragging non-stop for the last 20 years about how superior their engineering and software design is and how intuitive their interface is and how easy to use their products are, and it's all a bunch of baloney.
I import a cd to the hard disk. The album starts playing automatically. I copy the data on the tracks into a new playlist, then I go back to surfing. When the album is done playing, the eject icon isn't on the menubar. I go back into itunes, and the cd drive doesn't show in the sidebar. So I click controls-->eject disk. Nothing happens. I do the same thing again, repeatedly. Once in awhile the drive moves. No ejection though. This is superior engineering? "It just works." NOT! I have owned this MacBook Pro for about a month, and I am extremely disappointed in it. It's beautiful, but superior software design? Not happening. Last night I tried to hook up to my friend's wireless home network. The Mac would not even detect the network. I manually entered the network name and the password. She had MAC address verification enabled. I looked in the system specs and found two entirely different entries labelled hardware MAC address. Entered the one for the computer. Rejected. I had checked "remember this" before I did it. The Mac DIDN'T remember any of it. Really, really lousy software design. I'm disgusted. A Windows box sitting next to the Mac connected to the network effortlessly. Oh, and that great new Spotlight feature, the one that's supposed to find everything? It finds nothing. I'd like to find out who the guy who made the demo video gets his drugs from. I could use some of whatever he's been taking.

Reaction score
You probably just set the network up wrong. As for the cd thing, I always wished they had eject buttons as well, but its no where near the deal breaker you are making it out to be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
kleenex.gif

Asking for help with concise questions is one thing, but going on a paragraph long rant about how much you hate your Apple computer is pointless.

I hope you get it all worked out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
I see another person has found enlightenment. No use in telling yourself something is true when it's not. :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
M

MacHeadCase

Looks like an Error ID-18 to me...

I'm sure someone here would gladly rid you of that stoopid, idiotic, cumbersome, non-Windoze MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Please don't troll here.
Thread closed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
You have a IP4 and IP6 Mac address. Yes, that's two per machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.