Intel hires Justin Long to mock Macs in throwback to 2000s “I’m a Mac” ads

Reaction score
Intel's "Justin Gets Real: Touch Screens" ad.

Chipmaker Intel has produced a series of ads mocking Apple's M1 Macs, and it brought on actor Justin Long—famous for his role in Apple's 2000s "I'm a Mac" ads opposite comedian John Hodgman—to satirize Apple's own ad campaign.

In five video ads labeled "Justin Gets Real" that have been published to Intel's YouTube channel, Long begins by saying, "Hello, I'm a... Justin, just a real person doing a real comparison between Mac and PC," referencing the "Hello, I'm a Mac" and "I'm a PC" start to Apple's numerous ads.

Long briefly examines a Windows laptop with an Intel processor, then an Apple Silicon-equipped Mac. Eventually he comes to conclusions about how the Macs are too limited compared to what the Intel PCs can do.

Read 6 remaining paragraphs | Comments

Click here to view the article...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
LOL, seems like Intel is getting desperate. But I personally think it won't matter, Apple is going to press on with its plan for all their new Macs to be equipped with the new silicon cpus.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
LOL, seems like Intel is getting desperate. But I personally think it won't matter, Apple is going to press on with its plan for all their new Macs to be equipped with the new silicon cpus.

Those were pathetic. Heck, they are making fun of a product line that still ships with their own processors. The one griping about a MacBook not being able to double as a tablet... that has nothing to do with the CPU change and applies to every MacBook ever made that has an Intel chip in it. If this is supposed to be some kind of burn, they are burning their own selves also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.