Installing iPhoto

Reaction score
I took my iMac to the Genius bar for help. They did not have enough time to install the new iPhoto, so they interrupted the install (Paused). The guy told me to click open Launcher and just click on the iPhoto alias. After I got home, the alias was greyed out and would not allow me to complete the install. I have tried installing from the Apple Apps store but nothing happens - it just sits there. I have tried following the links from the iPhoto Preview page and, again, nothing happens when I click install. It is a chore to pack up my desktop iMac and take it back to the Apple store.

I have read iPhoto reviews on the Apple website and many, many people are having a great deal of trouble getting this thing installed.

How do I get this thing installed on my computer? I am running Yosemite.

Thanking you in advance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
'\day and welcome to the forums.

Yosemite iPhoto update released on 17 October is version 9.6. Check what is installed. If not this, try hitting App Store > Updates and see if it qwill download that way.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank you. I can't tell what version is installed because the system will not open the old version. Also, I tried going to the update page for iPhoto. There is an install tab with an arrow next to it. I click on the tab but, again, nothing happens. It does not take me to another screen nor is there anything to indicate it is downloading. So frustrating.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.