Infected by Malware www.tracking.quisma.com

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a problem with my mac. Whenever I wan`t to open a german news site, I am prompted with the notification, that the security certificate of the website: www. tracking.quisma.com is not valid. Together with that my mac seems to be a lot slower (websites need a long time to load) plus the afternoon I had problems connecting to my bank account (without vital data). I have scanned my mac with avast-antivirus and macKeeper, both have found a few things but not this one. This may be connected to a broken PDF-file I have got by my mobile provider with an extremely high bill, but this was downloaded from their official website...
Please excuse any grammar or spelling mistakes as I am from germany,
Thanks for the help,
Viner_Cent

M

MacInWin

Avast and MacKeeper are useless. (Actually, MacKeeper is worse, it is actually closer to malware itself.) The best thing to do now is run Onyx. Here is a link to the developer: Titanium's Software • Index page

Get the proper version for your OS X version and run it.

However, what you seem to be seeing is more likely coming from your internet provider. Check with them to see if there is anything wrong with your connection.

And welcome to the forum! Your English is very, very good. Much better than my German!

Reaction score
That news site opened fine for me. Do you have any extensions like WebofTrust or anything like that running?
What browser are you running?

OP
V
Reaction score
I am running safari, and I dont have any extensions running. I will try Onyx tomorrow, but it starts getting late here :D Thanks for the quick help, I am going to give you feedback tomorrow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I am running safari, and I dont have any extensions running. I will try Onyx tomorrow, but it starts getting late here :D Thanks for the quick help, I am going to give you feedback tomorrow.

Hi Viner_Cent - welcome to the forum (and your English is fine)! :)

If you did not understand Jake's comments, you need to remove Avast & MacKeeper from your Mac computer - in particular, the latter can put 'detritus' in the nooks & crannies of your hard drive - review the appropriate websites to determine if removal software is available to delete these programs. Good luck - Dave

OP
V
Reaction score
Okay, so I tried everything you guys said plus some others, still no change. I contacted my local vodafone (mobile provider), and they said it is a trojan that was sent to thousands of people in germany, and the provider doesn´t seems to care and do some research on what it is :(. I handed it over to a computer-store here so they can take care of it, I don´t like working on an infected mac...
Thanks for all the quick help :D

M

MacInWin

Well, frankly, the Vodaphone answer was pure bull****. There aren't any trojans for the OS X operating system, but maybe whatever was sent mucked with Safari somehow. What I suspect the shop will do will be to completely wipe the HD and reinstall OS X for you. I hope your own files are backed up safely!

OP
V
Reaction score
Well, frankly, the Vodaphone answer was pure bull****. There aren't any trojans for the OS X operating system, but maybe whatever was sent mucked with Safari somehow. What I suspect the shop will do will be to completely wipe the HD and reinstall OS X for you. I hope your own files are backed up safely!
No, they have removed the HDD and run some professional grade malware detectors, and actually found two trojans, they removed those, going to scan a bit more and then return it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
No, they have removed the HDD and run some professional grade malware detectors, and actually found two trojans, they removed those, going to scan a bit more and then return it.

Hi again - I would be curious to know the names of the 'trojans' found on your computer, if available? Hope all goes well - in the time being, you might want to take a look at this excellent website on Mac malware etc. - Safe Mac - Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Hi again - I would be curious to know the names of the 'trojans' found on your computer, if available? Hope all goes well - in the time being, you might want to take a look at this excellent website on Mac malware etc. - Safe Mac - Dave :)

I am curious as well. The part were the "removed your HDD" from your Mac also has me worried. What model/year of Mac do you own?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.