Increasing web traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Happy new year to you all,

I have a question,

I am new to web design and SEO, but i read somewhere to use google keywords and copy and past all relevant words associated with your business behind images on your web site to increase traffic and subsequently increase your web rating.

I use IWeb06 (getting a new IMac at the end of the month)

Does this work and are there any draw backs from using this approach please.

Many Thanks
Glen

Reaction score
If you want to increase traffic, post something on your website worth reading and get people to link to it. That's usually the best way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a question,

I am new to web design and SEO, but i read somewhere to use google keywords and copy and past all relevant words associated with your business behind images on your web site to increase traffic and subsequently increase your web rating.

Many Thanks
Glen

Hi Glen,

The right way to achieve your end is to use ALT tags - used correctly, your website's images will be indexed by Google for their appropriate keyword. For a full description of "how to use ALT tags" you could try Alt Text: Describing Your Images and Web Usabilty and Web Accessibility

Best,
Kelly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Imac, 3.06 ghz processor, 1 TB HD, 256 meg ATI Graphics card
Hi,

Another issue you have to deal with is the server and company hosting your website. The server my site was on was bought out by Windstream and as soon as they changed the name to Windstream.com, my ranking on Google went into the ozone. It took almost a year before people started finding me again. I would have dumped them after the buy out, but I live in a rural area and they are the only ones (other then Hughes net) that have high speed service in my area The only other alternative would have been to go back to dial up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone
As far as I am aware, one should not do keyworld stuffing. A 3% of relevent keywords in an article is fine. Article submission is the best way to get links and the word out.

Reaction score
If you want to increase traffic, post something on your website worth reading and get people to link to it. That's usually the best way.

The difficulty here is getting others to link to your content. It has to be something of interest and use to others. Otherwise you are dead in the water.

FJ

Reaction score
The best way to get traffic to your site is SEO but using youtube can bring massive traffic as well

Reaction score
backlins

build high-quality back links through pages with high "PR." The new google update treats these like gold.

Reaction score
l relevant words associated with your business behind images on your web site to increase traffic and subsequently increase your web rating.
[/QUOTE]

Not quite sure what you mean by this? - however it is good practice to use the alt tag when using pictures as it helps with those that are visually impaired.

Reaction score
@gwilday
Hi Guys,

I have a question,

Many Thanks
Glen

Hi Glen,

There are so much stuff to increase your page rank or drive traffic on your site(as what I understand on your concern). If you say "copying and pasting all relevant keywords(I think) associated with your business", that would be embarrassing, 'coz it can result much more likely to get your website ranked down or penalize because google and any other search engines can read how keywords are structured(I mean, they also know how to read like humans).
Your website could possibly ignored and will be treated as having a SPAMMY content.

As far as I concerned, just to give you an idea, the most important thing to make your website rank is your content(QUALITY). A content which are regularly updated and giving quality information to the readers. Doing that could naturally increase the traffic of your site and your page rank.

Eventually, your reader will bookmark and share your website's information using social media sites such digg, facebook, twitter, etc..and that will give you back links to your site.

There are many ways to increase your rank and drive traffic to your website, others are free and some are not. Such PPC or per per click by google adwords, that is a paid advertising and actually, you can get traffic in your site in just a matter of seconds or minutes after publishing your ads.

Of course, there are free ways, such article writing on the ezinearticles and other article directories, participating in forums, blog commenting, etc..

Hope this helps.

Steve

Reaction score
Careful with hiding anything on your site

Hi Glen,

ive been around seo for 15 years and i would NOT recommend hiding anything on your site. content is good but not needed to rank high. the sites like this one may get indexed often because they have fresh content but your site does not need that itself. its good to link with sites with content but again you dont need it. i recommend you have some text (visible only) but concentrate on quality backlinks. ive used a firm called GetSpecific (one of the oldest seo firms) in the past and the owner is unreal with his knowledge. i think the firm has done like 5,500 websites since 1995. hope the helps.

--------

Hi Guys,

I have a question,

Many Thanks
Glen

Reaction score
Adding ALT tags to images as the previous poster suggested is NOT keyword stuffing and it's the recommended practice since Google cannot read images.

Just be sure that the keywords are fairly accurate and add them to all the images of your site. There is quite a bit of evidence, some of which I have seen on my own sites that using keyword relevant ALT tags in the header of the site is more effective than using an H1 header with the keywords in the title.

Reaction score
Adding ALT tags to images as the previous poster suggested is NOT keyword stuffing and it's the recommended practice since Google cannot read images.

Just be sure that the keywords are fairly accurate and add them to all the images of your site. There is quite a bit of evidence, some of which I have seen on my own sites that using keyword relevant ALT tags in the header of the site is more effective than using an H1 header with the keywords in the title.

Exactly...
Alt tags and html tags are not keyword stuffing, they are making your html code more perfect and google like them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.