incorrect booting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(30gb 5g ipod) (macbook 2.0Ghz 2gb ram 120gb harddrive)
hi,

Lately when i start my macbook up it boots to a blue screen then stays at the blue screen, the i have to manually restart it by holding the power button in, the second time i boot it boots fine. What is wrong and are there an fixes?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
hi,

Lately when i start my macbook up it boots to a blue screen then stays at the blue screen, the i have to manually restart it by holding the power button in, the second time i boot it boots fine. What is wrong and are there an fixes?

Hard to say exactly what the problem is without more information. That said, there are a couple of things you can try.

Use a program like Onyx to run maintenance tasks on your system.

I've found that occasional slow boot problems can also be resolved by doing a PRAM reset. Start with your Mac turned off. Press the power button and immediately press and hold Command-Option-P-R. Wait for the system chime to sound 3 times, then release.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(30gb 5g ipod) (macbook 2.0Ghz 2gb ram 120gb harddrive)
i have just reset the pram but to no avail any other ideas?

Reaction score
You could run Disc Utility and verify/repair both Permissions and your HD.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
How about running maintenance and optimization with Onyx?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
I've had it only once!

I fixed my problema holding down the power button (to turn off my freezed macbook).

Then, you should turn it on while holding down the shift key, for a sabe boot (you have to keep pressing it until the gray screen with apple logo and spinning wheel dissapears).

Once I'm in OSX through a safe boot, I ran all the maintenence scripts from Onyx app.

Then I restarted in a normal boot, and it all went fine from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.