• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

In a normal country, this would be good news.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV

Wow, that video makes Michael Moore look like the biggest Bush-backer in the world!

Interesting ideas, but a little too extreme. One specific thing they mentioned that you would have to be touched in the head to believe was that every penny of my illegally-taken tax dollars is used entirely to pay debt to the central bank. Really? Then who's paying for all that other stuff the government does? Oh, and there is a law that mentions taxation: it's called the U.S. Tax Code. You know, that thing they mention that apparently wasn't actually voted in. I've read a bit of it myself. Insanely long and pretty boring, but it very much exists.

Also, if you really believe everything that video mentions, you should just sit back and enjoy the ride, because it's all the outcome of the natural human condition. As long as there is a handful, or even one, person who is power hungry, they will do whatever it takes to gain as much power as possible. Like one drop of a microscopic virus in a town's water supply that can kill everyone. Basically, all I heard from that video is mankind, in general, is insane and self-destructive and will never change. They're probably right.

Reaction score
Seriously? You guys think Ahmadinejad is an actual threat to this country? The man has no serious power, he's a ceremonial figurehead. The real man with the power in the country is the Ayatollah, and last I checked, he hasn't called for the destruction of anything.

Also, the whole "wipe Israel off the map" thing was actually a mistranslation. If you look at the actual Farsi, what he really said was:

The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time.

He's simply quoting the Ayatollah Khomeini, who was the Supreme Leader back in 1979. He used it in reference to the various American-backed regimes that have collapsed without direct Iranian interference, such as the Shah of Iran and Saddam Hussein. The "page of time" is a reference to history books, which clearly is the place where you'll find the remaining vestiges of those two regimes.

Sure, Iran backs terrorist cells in the Middle East, but it's not a threat to this country. The only reason we think it's a threat is because our government tells us it is, just like they told us Saddam Hussein was a threat. Hussein was a petty dictator who we had been bombing for the past decade and didn't care much for Islamic fundamentalist terrorist groups.

And VI, Ahmadinejad spoke at Columbia and it's not Iran's "leader" that is preventing peace, it's OUR leader.
cosign

vxd

Reaction score
Wow, that video makes Michael Moore look like the biggest Bush-backer in the world!

Interesting ideas, but a little too extreme. One specific thing they mentioned that you would have to be touched in the head to believe was that every penny of my illegally-taken tax dollars is used entirely to pay debt to the central bank. Really? Then who's paying for all that other stuff the government does? Oh, and there is a law that mentions taxation: it's called the U.S. Tax Code. You know, that thing they mention that apparently wasn't actually voted in. I've read a bit of it myself. Insanely long and pretty boring, but it very much exists.

Also, if you really believe everything that video mentions, you should just sit back and enjoy the ride, because it's all the outcome of the natural human condition. As long as there is a handful, or even one, person who is power hungry, they will do whatever it takes to gain as much power as possible. Like one drop of a microscopic virus in a town's water supply that can kill everyone. Basically, all I heard from that video is mankind, in general, is insane and self-destructive and will never change. They're probably right.

Of course you wouldn't believe everything in that video but you have to admit some of the points being made do make you wonder what the real agenda is.
The Vietnam war for instance, it is true the American's only got involved after lying to their people about one of their ship being blown up by the VC.
The Iraq war well we all know the real purpose of that.

The US, Russia, Britain and China are the top Arms sellers. Billions of dollars annually. No war means no money.

9/11 I don't care who did it. So many theories. Believe what you want.

Iran is no threat, I'll be more scared of the North Koreans. but of course it doesn't benefit anyone because they haven't got any natural resources or money to make from the "evasion" or should I say "fighting the terrorist".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.