import files from my zune

Reaction score
i just switched from xp and a zune to a macbook pro and an ipod touch. that being said, i need to get the music, photos, and videos off of my zune and onto my macbook so i can upload them to my new ipod. is there still no way to download zune to a mac? i'll probably be getting parallels within the next week, would that be able to help me any?

OP
M
Reaction score
ok, i've downloaded and opened xnjb, but neither my zune or my zune's files are appearing

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
Oh I see the Zune is secured, it checks wether the computer is Windows(sad)
I just read that, so the only way would be using Bootcamp or an other Windows Computer to backup your songs

OP
M
Reaction score
...thats lame.
and its also why i'm using a mac now haha. thanks for the help anyway =)

Reaction score
I have a zune as well as a couple Ipods. If you have parallels, zune intergration is pretty darn easy with itunes. Just run windows through parallels, before booting windows up though in the parallels menu bar go under edit-virtual machine, under "shared folders" create a new folder, name it, and steer it to your itunes library folder within mac os. Then from the zune software look to the shared parallels folder that you named and voila, zune will now have your entire music library. You can also pull the data off the zune, but as far as I know you can only do using windows. Same steps work for iphoto library and video's. The Zune software kinda blows, but the zune itself imho is a better player then any Ipod i've dealt with, using the zune in this manner allows itunes to manage the music content and essentially only using the zune software as a gateway to the zune, the zune software even does a better job with album art, finds the stuff Itunes can't. For me its simply worth having windows on my mac just for the zune, as my ipods always seem to fail and lack the storage and screen size of the zune. Using parallels is a better solution then boot camp, with boot camp you will never see your itunes library, however if your only interested in pulling songs off the zune, that could be accomplished through bootcamp, as you can access the boot camp partion from mac os. You could also copy your itunes library onto the boot camp partition, but then your music library is taking up twice the space on your hd.

Reaction score
I have a zune as well as a couple Ipods. If you have parallels, zune intergration is pretty darn easy with itunes. Just run windows through parallels, before booting windows up though in the parallels menu bar go under edit-virtual machine, under "shared folders" create a new folder, name it, and steer it to your itunes library folder within mac os. Then from the zune software look to the shared parallels folder that you named and voila, zune will now have your entire music library. You can also pull the data off the zune, but as far as I know you can only do using windows. Same steps work for iphoto library and video's. The Zune software kinda blows, but the zune itself imho is a better player then any Ipod i've dealt with, using the zune in this manner allows itunes to manage the music content and essentially only using the zune software as a gateway to the zune, the zune software even does a better job with album art, finds the stuff Itunes can't. For me its simply worth having windows on my mac just for the zune, as my ipods always seem to fail and lack the storage and screen size of the zune. Using parallels is a better solution then boot camp, with boot camp you will never see your itunes library, however if your only interested in pulling songs off the zune, that could be accomplished through bootcamp, as you can access the boot camp partion from mac os. You could also copy your itunes library onto the boot camp partition, but then your music library is taking up twice the space on your hd.

I'm using Parallels with my Zune and it works great! I agree with the post above, except I actually like the zune software better than itunes. The ability to find all the artwork is fantastic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.