iMessage not syncing on Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
Probably give it a whirl and then, yeah, I'll have to maybe contact an Apple person about it. Sigh.

At the very least, you could set up a whole new iCloud account and try it for the purposes of getting the messages to sync. Additional things you could try would be to back up and reset the iOS devices and try a new user account on the Mac (with the same and with a new iCloud account to see if maybe there's an issue with a corrupt message or something).

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2014 Mac Mini (Base Model, High Sierra); iPad 2018 (Latest iOS); iPhone 7 (Latest iOS)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try creating a new user account on the Mac and logging in to iMessage there with your ID (sign out on your 'real' user account first). See what happens.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2014 Mac Mini (Base Model, High Sierra); iPad 2018 (Latest iOS); iPhone 7 (Latest iOS)
Try creating a new user account on the Mac and logging in to iMessage there with your ID (sign out on your 'real' user account first). See what happens.

Interesting you said that. I just found out that my iMessage on iPhone won't let me sign in with my apple id onto iMessage in the phone; it says I need to verify my address, but my address is shown as verified on Manage My Account in iCloud. So now I'm really confused. What to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm

Sign out, shut down, restart, try signing in again?

I don't see anywhere in iCloud or Apple ID management to show that an address is verified, so I'm not sure where you were seeing it.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm

Sign out, shut down, restart, try signing in again?

I don't see anywhere in iCloud or Apple ID management to show that an address is verified, so I'm not sure where you were seeing it.

I'm not seeing it, but some of the websites I read on the issue seemed to think I should. They were two years old though, so very possible they are out of date, of course.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just an update - on a whim, I finally decided to get on chat with Apple. While doing that and waiting for it to connect, I tried, once more, to get the Text Forwarding Code to work, and viola, it did. But I don't know why. After a week of trying, it suddenly started to work. Weird.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just an update - on a whim, I finally decided to get on chat with Apple. While doing that and waiting for it to connect, I tried, once more, to get the Text Forwarding Code to work, and viola, it did. But I don't know why. After a week of trying, it suddenly started to work. Weird.

Glad you are back to a working state. I have had similar, quirky experiences with my iCloud account in the past and have reached a point where it starts working correctly again but don't really know why.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.