Image manipulation software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook wannabe
I am busy planning my switch to Mac and although I definitely have to run Parallels I would like to keep the switching to a minimum. In fact, I am so tired of WinXP I would like to avoid switching at all.

One of the sofware packages I use quite a lot on WinXP is ACDSee. It is an image manipulation package and the main features I require are:
1. Batch resizing of images
2. Batch renaming of images
3. Light edit mode where I can quickly crop an image

For photo editing I will be using Photoshop and Photoshop Elements but I don't want to use them for simple tasks like resizing and renaming.

I hope this isn't a stupid question, as I said at the moment I am still planning the switch. Although my wife has a mac I have not worked on it and she doesn't use this type of functionality.

Cobus

Reaction score
I recommend ImageWell for 1. 2. & 3.

The basic app is a free download but you will need to pay $US14.95 for the upgraded version which has the ability to do what you want plus more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Graphic Converter is a truly impressive package. I would definitely vote for it. It is more than a "light" editor though. It is EXTREMELY powerful - a great image editor and a great image organizer all rolled into one. And best of all, it came bundled on most PowerMac G5s - it just came with mine, free of charge.

Just a quick example of its power - an old friend whom I haven't seen in years sent me a family photo of he and his wife and kids, but somehow the Windows mailer he used really messed it up. When I tried to open it, NOTHING else I had on the Mac would touch it. They all complained about a corrupt file. In desperation I tried it with Graphic Converter. It thought about it a moment and then declared that the file was definitely non standard, but that it did appear to contain a partial JPEG image flow - would I like to try to view it? Fabulous! I clicked "Yes" and it brought up the picture perfectly. I was then able to save it off as a proper graphics file and all is well with it now.

Graphic Converter - if you get it, you will be pleased. Quite a great tool.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.