iMac late 2015 sleep issues

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post

I've had this Mac since 2016 and its been good since. Recently, when I go to wake it up from sleep I keep seeing that an error caused iMac to restart. And my brower tabs all all closed, and who knows what other work is most likely lost or saved incorrectly

The only thing thats changed is that last week I bought a second monitor ( the ASUS Pro Art PA278QV. I've never had a second monitor before. Could the monitor have something to do with it?

This is the error code:
*** MCA Error Report ***
CPU Machine Check Architecture Error Dump (CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, CPUID: 0x506E3)
CATERR detected! No MCA data found.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post

I've had this Mac since 2016 and its been good since. Recently, when I go to wake it up from sleep I keep seeing that an error caused iMac to restart. And my brower tabs all all closed, and who knows what other work is most likely lost or saved incorrectly

The only thing thats changed is that last week I bought a second monitor ( the ASUS Pro Art PA278QV. I've never had a second monitor before. Could the monitor have something to do with it?

This is the error code:
*** MCA Error Report ***
CPU Machine Check Architecture Error Dump (CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, CPUID: 0x506E3)
CATERR detected! No MCA data found.

Took my to Genius Bar last month with similar issue and after diagnostics was told I have to replace the logic board.

OP
M
Reaction score
Took my to Genius Bar last month with similar issue and after diagnostics was told I have to replace the logic board.
ugh! I'm sure thats not cheap

Does anyone know a way to fix it that wont cost me $500+

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.