• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iMAC G5 are coming

OP
D

d4rr3n

I tried translating it into english on some website. it made even less sense to me lol :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Thanks Fabio....currrently there's alot of discussion on this in the iMac forum...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
d4rr3n said:
I tried translating it into english on some website. it made even less sense to me lol :D

durp spricht!

:rolleyes:

OP
W

wickedbusa

So does this mean that the possiblity of a G5 Powerbook is more likely? ****, I knew I should have waited.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
What you using now? Hmm.. so what if you have waited, ok. you may of got-en something faster, wait some more and you'll get more still... you sure wanna keep waiting? I'm sure some techno geek is drafting the next processor as we speak, maybe dubbed G6!!

OP
W

wickedbusa

I'm using the Powerbook in my sig. I'm happy with it, I just thought it would be cool to be one of the first with a G5 Powerbook, hehe.

OP
C

cory

wickedbusa said:
I'm using the Powerbook in my sig. I'm happy with it, I just thought it would be cool to be one of the first with a G5 Powerbook, hehe.

yea definantly.. i almost have the same set up.. i have a 15' powerbook with superdrive and a 40gb ipod.. i think it might be a little while before they come out with the G5 powerbook but when they do ill probably just sell mine and save to get it..cuase yea that will be just plain awesome... I also have a question for you guys.. Im looking to purchase the new 23' display from apple. its a lot of money and im kinda hesitant, but at the same time i think there awesome. I do a lot of photoshop and some final cut.. just order Studio MX so ill be doing flash and dreamweaver. So basically the screen room is much needed. What do you guys think would be the best thing to do? I currently own a 17' gateway LCD. Their so much money but yet o so pretty!

OP
I

iSheep

Before I bought mine I was talking to a guy in one of my local Apple suppliers, and he explained to me (quite well) how difficult it's going to be to get it into a PowerBook or iBook. He says that although they may not look it, there's a **** of a lot more space in an iMac than in a PowerBook.

You could always get two PowerBooks.

OP
C

cory

two powerbooks for monitoring purposses? But yea i totally see what your saying. It will be a hard thing to do.. but on the other hand they said it would be really hard with the G4 and yet they did it.. so thought it make take some time i think sometime it will come out...

OP
I

iSheep

Also - I think Apple are getting worried, what with the scare about the lack of G5 chips, and the fact they can't get them any faster than 2.5GHz at the moment. Just have to wait and see!

OP
C

cory

iSheep said:
Also - I think Apple are getting worried, what with the scare about the lack of G5 chips, and the fact they can't get them any faster than 2.5GHz at the moment. Just have to wait and see!
yea totally... ahhh i cant decide if i should spend my money on this monitor or not

OP
M

Matt

From SMH (Sydney Morning Herald),

Has anoyone heard of this?

"Owners of 15-inch PowerBooks bought this year should check the model number of their batteries. They may need to be replaced.

Apple last week announced a recall of a series of batteries, some of which have overheated. The hot cells were manufactured by LG Chem, of South Korea, during the last week of December 2003 and fitted to PowerBooks shipped around the world.

The recalled batteries have the model number A1045 and serial numbers that begin with HQ404, HQ405, HQ406, HQ407, and HQ408. Other serial numbers in the A1045 range are not affected.

To find the number, unclip and lift out the battery to read the label on the underside. If you have a suspect battery, remove it from the computer and contact Apple. You can continue to use the computer on mains power.

If you have a suspect battery, go to depot.info.apple.com/batteryexchange/index.html. Or go to the Apple Australia website and follow the links, or call Apple Australia's support desk on 133 622.

If you have any queries about Macs, contact Garry Barker at [email protected]"

OP
C

cory

awesome! Thank you! Yea im leaning towards yes.. there is just soo much you could do with 2 grand.. i could spend 500 and have dual 17inch LCDS.. so you would say the 23 would be worth it?

OP
I

iSheep

Yeah - go on. I've got a Compaq 17" at the moment and could just imagine all that extra space!

OP
C

cory

haha sorry im dumb but your saying go for the 23 or the cheap way of the dual 17s? have you used dual monitors before? cause i never have and wonder if it would be good

OP
I

iSheep

cory said:
haha sorry im dumb but your saying go for the 23 or the cheap way of the dual 17s? have you used dual monitors before? cause i never have and wonder if it would be good
I'm not sure how you would connect two monitors to a PowerBook - but that's not what I mean :)

I say: go for the 23" Apple monitor - they do look amazing, and you'll appriciate the extra space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.