• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

iMac G3 600 mhz/512 mb

D

dunk5_2004

I was just wondering if anyone was interested in buying my iMac. its in great condition, and works awesome, i use it all the time. i just recently upgraded it with a Sonnet Harmoni to make it a 600 mhz with a firewire port. I have also maxed out its ram at 512 mb. It has a 6 gb hard drive. also comes with 10.3.4 Panther already on it. i have a ton of software including Photoshop CS (8.0), Office v. X (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Entourage), and i have iLife '04. all together this is worth probably over $700, but im willing to sell it for around $450. its a great computer, and runs OS X beautifully! if ur interested PM me, or email me at [email protected]

OP
J

jerodhusvar

dunk5_2004 said:
I was just wondering if anyone was interested in buying my iMac. its in great condition, and works awesome, i use it all the time. i just recently upgraded it with a Sonnet Harmoni to make it a 600 mhz with a firewire port. I have also maxed out its ram at 512 mb. It has a 6 gb hard drive. also comes with 10.3.4 Panther already on it. i have a ton of software including Photoshop CS (8.0), Office v. X (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Entourage), and i have iLife '04. all together this is worth probably over $700, but im willing to sell it for around $450. its a great computer, and runs OS X beautifully! if ur interested PM me, or email me at [email protected]

Fair price, and you could probably easily get that on eBay for it. If you find you have trouble selling it, I might be interested in buying the Hamoni if you'd split the system up.

jjh

OP
D

dunk5_2004

i already tried that once, and the guy who bought it backed out, lol. it costs like twenty bucks to put it on there, so im trying to avoid spending another 20 to sell it. :)

OP
J

jerodhusvar

dunk5_2004 said:
i already tried that once, and the guy who bought it backed out, lol. it costs like twenty bucks to put it on there, so im trying to avoid spending another 20 to sell it. :)

Well, by all means, follow the Non-Paying bidder process. (eBay's help section is down right now or I would send you a link to it. Just search under "help" for "non-paying bidder." You can attempt to resolve the issue with your seller, and if it doesn't work out, you can get your money back from eBay for the person not buying your item. You won't recover your listing fees, but you will get a Final Value Credit.

jjh

OP
D

dunk5_2004

so if i do this, will i just get the money back that i spent to put it on there? me and the buyer agreed that he didnt want it, because he mistook my description. and it was a while back, so i dont think they would do anything about it now, would they?

OP
J

jerodhusvar

dunk5_2004 said:
so if i do this, will i just get the money back that i spent to put it on there? me and the buyer agreed that he didnt want it, because he mistook my description. and it was a while back, so i dont think they would do anything about it now, would they?

I think they allow you to do it any time within the last 60 days, if I recall correctly. You'd get back the money eBay charged you for selling the system, but not the money you spent to list the auction. I believe you have options on their procedure for "Buyer and Seller mutually agreed to void transaction."

Here is the link to their policies on this: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/bidders_overview.html

Hopefully you can at least recoup some of your money. :)

jjh

OP
D

dunk5_2004

thanks jerodhusvar, ill have to try that out. thanks for all your help, and if i decide to sell the the harmoni ill let u know. thanks again :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
if it still for sale, make me an offer. Im willing to buy it maybe for 400-500 dollars.

OP
D

dunk5_2004

this mac is still for sale. im hopin to sell it for around 500..... but i can comprimise. let me know! thanks!

OP
C

Cross

I almost have enough in paypal I am awaiting 60 to clear through echeck then I will have 400. I am interested in it, just have to wait for my desktop to sell so I can escape the pc world again lol (And have a little more in paypal. (6 months of not having to deal with a windows system! ^-^)

OP
D

dunk5_2004

hey cross,
when do u think u'll be able to buy it? im hopin to get around 450 for it, but hopefully we can work somethin out. thanks for your interest!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.