iMac cable

erdal

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
There is thin flat cable in the 27" iMac 2017 that comes from front bottom of the housing and connects to the logic board. Could you help me identify it? Thank you

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I'm sure one of our hardware gurus will be by before long to help with this question. In the meantime it might help to post a picture of the area/cable in question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
Hi Folks,
There is thin flat cable in the 27" iMac 2017 that comes from front bottom of the housing and connects to the logic board. Could you help me identify it? Thank you

Based upon your description it is the microphone cable. I often see it damaged when someone has removed, or attempted to remove the logic board without disconnecting the cable from the logic board. The microphone is stuck to the inside of the lower front of the rear housing. Unless someone has carefully salvaged a microphone and its flex cable with a scalpel from a damaged rear housing Apples solution is to replace the rear housing, expensive. As above, a photo will confirm or not.

Last edited:
OP
E

erdal

Reaction score
Thanks for your answers. It appears that the microphone and its cable were removed from the housing. I will see if I can find one somewhere to replace it.

OP
E

erdal

Reaction score
Here is the picture of this cable on the housing.

Attachments

• imac_cable.jpg
    imac_cable.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.