Imac 5,2 SLOW with Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Running an old Imac 5,2 with 10.6.8. 1.83 GHZ Core 2 Duo with 2gb Ram (Max). System is generally sluggish, but it really becomes noticeable when browsing the web. Graphic intensive/flash video etc, seem to really break its back. I think it has the original 160gb hard drive in it. Is this normal? Am I expecting too much out of this old girl? I just thought I would still get decent web browsing out of this thing but its not happening. Have tried repairing permissions and all that. Maybe I'm expecting too much. Lemme know. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Hate to say it of course it will be sluggish.

1.83GHz PU combined with 2GB of memory on today's internet is going to crawl, running with Snow Leopard which is no long supported by Apple. I think you are expecting too much wanting it to keep up with faster graphic machines, large capacity CPU's and large memory banks. With Mavericks and Yosemite bgenerally suggest 8GB the go.

Sorry but imho that is the way things are.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.