I'm nervous about the display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
I've noticed this happen a lot in 2 situations: When I'm doing something that delivers a vibration to the desk (such as typing heavily), or when I adjust the display and accidentally flick the corner slightly as I let go. The display starts shaking a little bit. I'm worried it's not securely tight, and that if I'm not careful, the neck may become damaged. Am I just overeacting, or is this a legitimate concern? Please reply.

Z

zakm52

Hmmm

The Trooper said:
I've noticed this happen a lot in 2 situations: When I'm doing something that delivers a vibration to the desk (such as typing heavily), or when I adjust the display and accidentally flick the corner slightly as I let go. The display starts shaking a little bit. I'm worried it's not securely tight, and that if I'm not careful, the neck may become damaged. Am I just overeacting, or is this a legitimate concern? Please reply.

The screen on my iMac has some movement in a way I dont think it should. It has some side to side movement (If you grab it like a steering wheel on a car) It feels like it needs tightend up. Something like that...

A

anarkhy 17

If you bring it in to a licensed apple retailer or apple store, they may fix it up, either at no cost or at very low cost... where did you buy it???

OP
The Trooper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
anarkhy 17 said:
If you bring it in to a licensed apple retailer or apple store, they may fix it up, either at no cost or at very low cost... where did you buy it???
I bought it from the apple store online. But seriously though, is this a legitimate concern, or is it normal?

J

JeremyM

My 17" iMac does that, the 20" at compusa does that, my dad's 15" did that...it's normal..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.