I'm making the switch tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
Hello everyone, so it appears that tonight will be my last night on a Windows based machine *cheers*

I will be buying an iMac (i cba to wait for new models and the hardware will easily run Leopard, so i'm not that bothered tbh as anything apple gets updated every 6-12 months)

This will be my first Mac (that i have owned, used the iMac G3's about 5 years ago at school). I'm picking it up from PC World tomorrow (UK). Is it easy to add another 1gb ram (most likely i'll have to buy 2x 1gb sticks i've read, as the standrd 1gb is 2x 512mb ?) to the iMac?

I'll post back tomorrow on my Mac (or perhaps just before i head up as i'm soooooooo hyped :$ :$ :$ :$

Here goes lads! :Evil:

EDIT: Forgot to ask if anyone has any advice/tips (i know there's the FAQ)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Congrats on your decision to buy a Mac :)

Yes, upgrading the RAM is easy. Yes, you'll most likely have to replace both sticks.

One piece of advice: Try to get some sleep ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - Mid 2007
Well done!

One tip I would give is to 'learn by doing' as they say. I've been playing around on mine since I got mine (a 2.16 Ghz MacBook) on Friday (yay for today being a bank holiday) and have learnt quite a few things by just playing around. I haven't even been able to mess anything up, either. (And if something can go wrong, I will usually make it go wrong!)

-Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Welcome to the Mac. And of course ask questions, people on this forum are very knowledgeable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
Congrats!

You'll never regret switching. Trust me. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Yes, upgrading the RAM is easy! Basically it's a simple process of taking off the grille on the bottom and sliding the memory in or out!

I'd go into more detail, but everything you need to know will be in your 'Everything Mac' booklet that you will get with your iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4 (tiger) 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 320Gb Hard Drive, (leopard)
well done on switching, you will never go back to pc's again. ever,

enjoy your mac.

chrisgrieve

Reaction score
that's not really true. if you do want to play a decent computer game, you would have to go back to PC, which is the only thing that I dislike about the mac.

Otherwise, the mac will perform very well for all sorts of task you throw at it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
that's not really true. if you do want to play a decent computer game, you would have to go back to PC, which is the only thing that I dislike about the mac.

Otherwise, the mac will perform very well for all sorts of task you throw at it

Why go to a PC when you can run Windows natively through Boot Camp for those odd occasions??? =)

My Mac is all I'll ever need, anymore...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
i've switched to mac and will sooner or later be adding in 2gb of memory, and coming from a pc environment, my macbook "it just works" is all i've ever been thinking since i bought it..

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
I'm loving it!!!

Customizing already :D Changing icons, finder etc! In general i love the simplicity nd how quaickly everything gets done on mac. There's no arsing around with stupid software that basically says "would u like to install bloatware with that?"

Reaction score
I read on Macworld that Image Capture, which comes with OS X, can do it if your camera supports it. I doubt it has many features though it is free.
--------------------------------
Software
http://www.artdownload.net

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
I'm loving it!!!

Customizing already :D Changing icons, finder etc! In general i love the simplicity nd how quaickly everything gets done on mac. There's no arsing around with stupid software that basically says "would u like to install bloatware with that?"

It's crazy how much more clean ever thing is using OS X isn't it. When I first switched I really never new a computer could reboot so fast and be ready to go as soon as the desktop appears. :D

Reaction score
oh yes. The fast bootup and startup times are great. I can get work started in under a minute of pressing the power on button

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.