Illustrator Fonts in Yosemite?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2012, 2.5 GHz i5, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Dual 25" Displays
Hi Guys,

I just opened up illustrator for the first time since installing Yosemite, and the font menu (on the top bar) no longer shows the font previews for each one. I guess this must be part of apple's new standardization of the menu bars. Anyone know if you can get the previews back?

Reaction score
I found the fix

I found a fix that sounded too simple but I tried it and, holy cow!, it worked.

Open the Mac OS X System Preferences and head to ‘Accessibility.’ Once you are in there, select ‘Display’ from the left-hand list and then check the checkbox that says “Reduce transparency.

Voila! Yes, it removed the transparency on my dock (and other places I guess I haven't discovered yet), but I can see my font preview.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2012, 2.5 GHz i5, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Dual 25" Displays
I found a fix that sounded too simple but I tried it and, holy cow!, it worked.

Open the Mac OS X System Preferences and head to ‘Accessibility.’ Once you are in there, select ‘Display’ from the left-hand list and then check the checkbox that says “Reduce transparency.

Voila! Yes, it removed the transparency on my dock (and other places I guess I haven't discovered yet), but I can see my font preview.

Thanks, this worked perfectly for me!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.