iCloud Syncing Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I don't know. If that is the only syncing you are having issue with, then yes. You can always sign out of iCloud completely, if unchecking Contacts doesn't work?

OP
K
Reaction score
Even after signing in & out of each Mac/devices individually, there is still no Fetch menu at all.

Unless you fellas have some additional insight, I feel like I'm taking up a lot of your time. Let me fiddle with this a bit & see if I might stumble onto a solution. You both have been most helpful in educating me. Thank you so much.

Reaction score
Even after signing in & out of each Mac/devices individually, there is still no Fetch menu at all.

Unless you fellas have some additional insight, I feel like I'm taking up a lot of your time. Let me fiddle with this a bit & see if I might stumble onto a solution. You both have been most helpful in educating me. Thank you so much.

Wish I did, but unfortunately I'm not sure what else to check. When Googling "mac contacts no fetch option," I found the following thread that isn't the same issue, but the solution (quoted below) might be worth a shot at this point to see if it makes a difference in your case:

Contacts not showing up in Contacts app -… - Apple Community

-Go to System Preferences, Select iCloud and uncheck Contacts.
-Open new Finder, and on Menu Bar, Click on "Go" while holding down Option in the keyboard, which will show the "Library" Folder in the pull-down menu.
-Open the Folder "Application Support" & find the Folder AddressBook and Trash it with all its content.
-Return to the System Preferences & re-activate Contacts and launch, Contacts this will fix the issue and get all the contacts and Cards back.

Obviously, I'd recommend backing up the AddressBook folder before doing this in case there are any ill effects.

Other than that, call Apple Support and see if they are able to do anything on the back end of your account.

OP
K
Reaction score
Until I resolve the above problem, I opted to enable my Contacts in Google since new contacts will sync in this account. Since I have the same contacts list under both Google & On My Mac, all of these contacts are duplicated under All Contacts. One quick question: How can I delete the duplicates under All Contacts?

Thank you!

Reaction score
Until I resolve the above problem, I opted to enable my Contacts in Google since new contacts will sync in this account. Since I have the same contacts list under both Google & On My Mac, all of these contacts are duplicated under All Contacts. One quick question: How can I delete the duplicates under All Contacts?

Thank you!

I'm assuming the duplicates are a result of you importing all your Google contacts to iCloud and then adding your Google contacts back in the Contacts app, thus doubling every contact in the Contacts app on your iMac because it's showing both iCloud and Google. I'd just disable your iCloud account in the Contacts app so only the Google contacts remain.

OP
K
Reaction score
I'm assuming the duplicates are a result of you importing all your Google contacts to iCloud and then adding your Google contacts back in the Contacts app, thus doubling every contact in the Contacts app on your iMac because it's showing both iCloud and Google. I'd just disable your iCloud account in the Contacts app so only the Google contacts remain.

As you recall, although my iCloud account is enabled & linked with Contacts, for whatever reason it is not being recognized by any of my Macs nor devices. Thus, the duplicates assumingly are a merging of my Google contacts & the On My Mac contacts. So disabling either the Google account or the On My Mac contacts wouldn't be an option. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Reaction score
As you recall, although my iCloud account is enabled & linked with Contacts, for whatever reason it is not being recognized by any of my Macs nor devices. Thus, the duplicates assumingly are a merging of my Google contacts & the On My Mac contacts. So disabling either the Google account or the On My Mac contacts wouldn't be an option. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Ok I missed the "On my Mac" verbiage earlier and focused on the "All Contacts" bit. My "All Contacts" aren't indented under anything. I believe anything categorized as "On my Mac" means they are ONLY on your local machine, not synced from the cloud. So perhaps first disable your Google account contacts, then command+A to select all the remaining contacts, delete them, then re-enable your Google account contacts. That way ONLY the Google account contacts should be loaded and they should not appear under "On my Mac" in the sidebar, since they're synced with the cloud.

OP
K
Reaction score
Perfectly logical. And....it worked! Again, thank you for sharing your knowledge & for your patience.

Take care & stay safe.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Well done, Jonathan. Can't give rep points, sorry.

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Well done, Jonathan. Can't give rep points, sorry.

As we say in US Baseball terminology, I pinched hit for you Ian. :)

And I do agree.

Charlie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.