iCloud Junk Mail Filter (Mavericks)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Retina 5K,27”, 3.6 Ghz 10 Core, intel core i9
Why has the mail junk filter gone berserk? I can't find this problem covered anywhere. I like to think that I am not the only one with this problem.

My mail is marking almost everything as junk even if it is something I have sent to myself.

I believe it is a Mavericks problem but I can't find anything on it and no one seems to be able to help.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

C

chas_m

There's no reports of such behaviour here (and we'd have seen such complaints), so I'm inclined to think its on your end only. Have you or anyone else made any changes to your junk mail filter at all?

OP
SeaDragon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is indeed strange then. My junk filters are not even turned on. I have been using Spam Sieve for years and it requires that the filters be off.

All of this started when I upgraded to Mavericks. This is happening on all of my computers at home and at the office that run Mavericks. The 2 that don't have no problem.

What makes it weird is that if I actually go online to iCloud.com and access my mail from there, well over half of my mail is marked junk and is the brown junk color. As far as I am aware there are no user accessible junk filters there.

At first I thought it had something to do with Spam Sieve but when I went online and found the problem there also, I changed my mind.

If you can think of anything that I can try to fix this, I would be forever in your debt as it is driving me bonkers.

Monya

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you try turning off "Spam Sieve" to see what happens? I can assure you that Mavericks itself is not causing this, however, it may be other software that you're using which is not compatible with Mavericks. We always advise everyone to check all their apps prior to upgrading OS X.

OP
SeaDragon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will give it a try and see what happens.

Why would Spam Sieve effect the actual online mail?

OP
SeaDragon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So far it seems to be working.

I will miss not having Spam Sieve though.

Thanks for your help.

OP
SeaDragon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the heads up and link.

Back in August when all of this started happening I tried to find info at their site and there was nothing. I checked back a few times but then gave up.

Perhaps there is something new now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.