Ichat Av?

Reaction score
whats Ichat AV and where can I get it? my ichat wont work with aim for video. I tried amsn but I can only receive video, they can't see me, but I do see myself. I tried mercury, none of them seem to be as good as AIM to AIM or msn to msn on windows. I see Ichat AV on the internet and it looks pretty cool. I thought it was only for leopard but I see its for tiger. I downloaded an update version of it somewhere and it wouldn't install. It was the universal version, not the ppc. I'm on a mac book pro.

Reaction score
mac book pro is intel - universal means it works on intel or PPC, you can get it here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
ur saying you have a macbook pro with tiger? u most likely already have the most advanced version of ichatavailable, it came with ur mac. downgrading ichat will not make anything better. make sure u have ur camera enabled under the video settings in ichat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
Can you install iChat on a NON mac computer?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16ghz, 2GB RAM, 160gb HDD
hmm. Are there any programs similair to iChat that would work with windows? many of my friends dont have macs, and the only program which works with both OS'es is Yahoo Messenger :(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have chatted with many friends who use XP and AIM using iChat doing 2 way video or audio. There is a FAQ somewhere that tells the issues and how to mostly get around them. I will see if I can find it. It was talked about here on Mac Forums but a long time back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.