iChat and iTunes crashing on brand new Macbook Black

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.0 Intel 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive
Hey guys,

i'm a new apple user but i've used them a lot in school and for recording with protools. I just got my macbook yesterday, and i've had 3 instances already where

iChat starts slowing down and when i go to shut down the program, it won't force quit or quit on it's own. I've have the same problem with iTunes as well more than once. Since i've barely had my Macbook 24 hours, is this something to be concerned about and contact apple, or just stop using iChat and see if this happens again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
WOW...

First welcome to the forums

I just got my Black MacBook less than 3 weeks ago, and I haven't had a single problem with it (knock on wood) I'd say first get all the updated software that they just released recently. Run the Software update utility from the System Prefs and see if that fixes it, if not I'd say call apple.

Is it a refurb or new?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.0 Intel 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive
it's new. The only thing i can think of to screw with it, would be the OSX 10.4.9 combo update i had to get to run pro tools.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.