icalendar sync problem ios7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro mid2012 non retina, ssd, 13" Catalina10.15.7 iphone12Mini iOS14 iPad Pro 10.5 iOS14
Hi

I have icalendar set to sync and to backup to icloud but whenever I enter a date on my laptop the calendar on the iphone 5 running ios 7 doesn't sync. Even if I manually sync via usb in itunes it doesn't update. I can't figure out what I need to do. I have the settings in icloud to sync icalendar on both the laptop and phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
1. Are you logged in using the same iCloud/Apple ID on both devices.

2. If you log into iCloud.com can you see the calendar events?

3. Log into iCloud.com, create an event. Does it appear on either or both device?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro mid2012 non retina, ssd, 13" Catalina10.15.7 iphone12Mini iOS14 iPad Pro 10.5 iOS14
1. Are you logged in using the same iCloud/Apple ID on both devices.

2. If you log into iCloud.com can you see the calendar events?

3. Log into iCloud.com, create an event. Does it appear on either or both device?

Thanks mrplow,

1. Yes I only have one iCloud/Apple ID and I'm logged into that account on both devices.

2. The events I made on my MacBook aren't in the iCloud.com calendar events.

3. When I create an event in iCloud.com calendars the event shows up on both devices. But the event I created on the MacBook still hasn't showed up on the phone or iCloud.com

I'll continue to play around with your suggestions to see if I can figure it out. Thanks for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure you go through the Calendar preferences on your MacBook Pro specifically to check that you have all the options set correctly. And it would help when you post a question to include which version of OS X you're using.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Make sure you go through the Calendar preferences on your MacBook Pro specifically to check that you have all the options set correctly. And it would help when you post a question to include which version of OS X you're using.

Sorry, it's 10.9.4

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I found the problem, it was in my iphone settings. I turned the birthday calendar on and the missing events showed up.

Such simple stuff sometimes causes so much difficulty.

Thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.