iCal is gone

Reaction score
I believe my kiddos got a little happy with the delete button and, while I'm not entirely sure how they did it, my iCal is utterly, completely gone. I am running Mac OS X version 10.4.11

Help appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
So it is not in the Applications folder anymore?
If you have the OS install disc, you can restore iCal using that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
...my iCal is utterly, completely gone. I am running Mac OS X version 10.4.11
While it's great that you provided your OS version, the description of the problem is, well, a bit too concise. You need to give enough of a description that tells those willing to help exactly what you know about the situation. On this site, posts run the gamut from "I haven't got a clue" to "I know what I'm doing". You haven't supplied enough insight to place you anywhere on that spectrum.

So, where is iCal missing from that you found it before? The above question is a good start, but it might not be the end of the journey.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Also, if iCal is not in your Applications folder use Spotlight to search for iCal. It is possible the youngsters may have accidentally moved the program to a different folder.

BTW As a means of preventing future problems have you considered setting up a separate account for the kids with appropriate parental controls/restrictions on deleting. Let the Mac boot directly into that account. When you need access to your account simply log into your account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.