IBOOK G4, NTL broadband and wireless network

T

Tarrant

Hello board members,

I have just purchased an IBOOK 14.1/1GHZG4 and am currently waiting for it to arrive. My questions is this; I have a NTL broadband connection which my flatmate shares on a windows box via ICS, that was through my previous windows machine until I got my mac!

Now, both my new ibook and my flatmate's windows machine have wireless network cards, so, what else do I need to allow me to setup a wireless network with an internet connection via my NTL rj45 cable?

Thank you all in advance!

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Tarrant said:
Hello board members,

I have just purchased an IBOOK 14.1/1GHZG4 and am currently waiting for it to arrive. My questions is this; I have a NTL broadband connection which my flatmate shares on a windows box via ICS, that was through my previous windows machine until I got my mac!

Now, both my new ibook and my flatmate's windows machine have wireless network cards, so, what else do I need to allow me to setup a wireless network with an internet connection via my NTL rj45 cable?

Thank you all in advance!

A Belkin wireless router or similar.

You could try setting up one of the machines as a router but then you have to have both on all the time and the wireless routers are pretty cheap.

Amen-Moses

OP
S

StarManta

It doesn't have to be Belkin - any brand will do. I have a linksys (although, the Mac driver support as far as changing settings is pretty sad for the linksys).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.