Ibook and sony mavica cd problem

C

cougardew

Has anyone been able to make a sony mavica picture cd work on a mac? When I put the cd in my ibook drive it spins (I can hear it) and then stops. The disc will not mount on my desktop. I have read that this is a common problem but I can't believe someone hasn't come up with a hack or something. I'm a mac newbie so I could be missing something. I'm using OSX 10.3. Any help would be appreciated. Don't talk to me about virtual pc, I finally broke the microsoft chains and I have no intention of going back any time soon. Thanks in advance for the help.

OP
V

videopal

SONY Mavica incompatibility with my G5...

Yes, I have the same problem with my G5 Powermac and loading the SONY Mavica photographs on my computer. Apparently Apple and SONY are in a dispute about making this situation work for their customers.

The old photo protocol is called UDF and the supplied disc is made by Adaptec. Adaptec sold its software rights to Roxio, who in turn sold them to Sonic Solutiions. The new photo protocolis PTP but it is not on this three-year old camera. I have made numerous phone calls to SONY, APPLE, Adaptec, Roxio and Sonic Solutions, all to no avail.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thank you, Wayne Kurtz at [email protected] and at (323) 365-5433...Have a healthy and happy New Year! :)

OP
V

videopal

SONY Mavica and my G5 are not compatible..

cougardew said:
Has anyone been able to make a sony mavica picture cd work on a mac? When I put the cd in my ibook drive it spins (I can hear it) and then stops. The disc will not mount on my desktop. I have read that this is a common problem but I can't believe someone hasn't come up with a hack or something. I'm a mac newbie so I could be missing something. I'm using OSX 10.3. Any help would be appreciated. Don't talk to me about virtual pc, I finally broke the microsoft chains and I have no intention of going back any time soon. Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks and please let me know if you find a solution to this problem...Wayne Kurtz at [email protected] and at (323) 365-5433.

OP
V

videopal

SONY Mavica UDF files vs. Mac OSX RESOLUTION...

cougardew said:

I finally found out the answer: Go to Soft Architects in the Seattle area and talk with Lisa and John about purchasing their software, READ DVD. IT REALLY WORKS and their support is very friendly and professional. Their telephone number is (425) 487-0122.

If you have any questions about this journey, please call me, Wayne, at (323) 365-5433 or email me at [email protected] There is a computer God!...:)

OP
V

videopal

Thanks for your post about this problem and I highly suggest that you call Lisa at Soft Architects at (425) 487-0122. The READ DVD software really works well...Good luck, Wayne at [email protected]

OP
V

videopal

SONY Mavica MVCCD1000

Hi and I have a G-5 MAC and a SONY Mavica MVCCD 1000 and I can not get a Memorex CD to finalize properly in the camera.

Does anyone have a viable solution for this problem? Thanks....Wayne Kurtz at [email protected] or (323) 365-5433.

I appreciate your help in this...Ciao!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I am not understanding, what you are trying to do. I see the the camera uses a 3 1/2 inch disk. What is it you are trying to accomplish?

OP
V

videopal

Thanks, R Man as I am

rman said:
I am not understanding, what you are trying to do. I see the the camera uses a 3 1/2 inch disk. What is it you are trying to accomplish?

trying to Finalize this mini CD so that I can see the photographs. SONY told me that I need to use their Mavica CDs but I have been using these third party discs for years now.

The Sony MVCCD 1000 mandates that you initialize a disc and then finalize it after you have taken the photographs. The display on my camera says "disc error" with an error code (C:13:01). I think that I might be able to finalize these photographs on a PC rather than a MAC because SONY is more friendly with PC technology.

If you look up the MVCCD 1000 on SONY.com, it will lead you to the section where they talk about initialize and finalizing discs. These photographs are important to me because I photographed a friend of mine's funeral on Tuesday and I want to share these with the family.

Thanks for your help in this as I really appreciate it. I have a PAL to NTCS transfer machine if you need any PAL video transfers. I will comp you for your time in helping me and donate it for a good cause.

Thanks, again....Wayne Kurtz.

OP
V

videopal

Here is the cut and paste

rman said:

of the SONY online manual for the Mavica MVCCD 1000. Thanks again for your help in this....Wayne.

http://www.henrys.com/manuals/sony/MVC-CD1000(en).pdf

OP
V

videopal

Thanks, RMAN, as

rman said:

I posted another message this morning and please let me know what you find out, okay?....Thanks, again, Wayne....

OP
V

videopal

Hi and this is Wayne Kurtz as

cougardew said:

I am having trouble with my SONY Mavica MVCCD 1000 in reading a Memorex disc. It keeps saying "Disc Error: D:13:01". Do you have a workaround to finalize this disc and read the photographs?

I thank you for your help in this.

Sincerely,

Wayne Kurtz

trying to Finalize this mini CD so that I can see the photographs. SONY told me that I need to use their Mavica CDs but I have been using these third party discs for years now.

The Sony MVCCD 1000 mandates that you initialize a disc and then finalize it after you have taken the photographs. The display on my camera says "disc error" with an error code (C:13:01). I think that I might be able to finalize these photographs on a PC rather than a MAC because SONY is more friendly with PC technology.

If you look up the MVCCD 1000 on SONY.com, it will lead you to the section where they talk about initialize and finalizing discs. These photographs are important to me because I photographed a friend of mine's funeral on Tuesday and I want to share these with the family.

Thanks for your help in this as I really appreciate it. I have a PAL to NTCS transfer machine if you need any PAL video transfers. I will comp you for your time in helping me and donate it for a good cause.

Thanks, again....Wayne Kurtz.

OP
V

videopal

Sony Mvc Cd 1000

cougardew said:

Thanks and please look up this forum on this Site as I am having trouble reading a Memorez mini disc in my G-5 computer. Please let me know if there is a workaround for this problem.

I appreciate your help in this...Wayne at [email protected] bye.

OP
V

videopal

The SONY Mavica MVC CD1000

I thank you in advacne for your assistance in this matter.

I have a SONY MVC CD 1000 and I am using a mini CD made by Maxcell. This camera will not finalize this disc so I can not see the photographs. I am using a G-5 PowerMac and it still doesn't work.

Please let me know if you have a workaround for this problem.

Desperately seeking a solution....Wayne at [email protected] or (323) 365-5433....Ciao!

OP
V

videopal

Sony Mvc Cd 1000

Hi and does anyone have a workaround for reading a Maxcell minidisc on a SONY MVC CD 1000? The camera says "Disc Error 13:1" and won't finalize the disc. These photographs are from my friend's Mom's funeral so they are important to me.

Thanks, Wayne at [email protected] or (323) 365-5433.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.