I took my Mini to work today ...

D

Desolate One

simgish said:
Who sets up their mac in a pub? And why? Other than trying to look like a tool... sorry, but I just don't get it.

You obviously don't have a pub nearby w/ free wi-fi.

Yes, I'm at my local right now. And the barmaids LOVE my iBook! ;)

S

simgish

Desolate One said:
You obviously don't have a pub nearby w/ free wi-fi.

Yes, I'm at my local right now. And the barmaids LOVE my iBook! ;)

An ibook makes sense, that's what it's meant for. But setting up a desktop, complete with ipod/dock full key/mouse and portable monitor, is just saying "please notice me and my cool gear".

D

Desolate One

Well when you consider the size of Amen-Moses's setup, it's not much bigger then the iBook. Infact I bet he carried it in a similar bag. Regardless, it's like when you get you're brand new RAM truck and have to pop the hood to show off the Hemi. It's a "guy thing" I guess. Besides, you heard the response he got. Hopefully he has switched a good number of users. The barmaids in my case just want a good tip.

OP
A
Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Where did you get that little moniter?? I love it!

Google on lilliput VGA, I can't remember where I bought mine as I just went for the cheapest supplier at the time.

My question...
can you take the mac mini and plug it in to a larger mac, say an iMac G5 or something?

What do you mean by "plug it in"? You can network them but I suspect that isn't what you mean.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
I think I talked someone at work into buying one. He has four systems currently running dual-boot Windows/Linux.

He's looking at a Mini and is impatient.

OP
A
Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Desolate One said:
Well when you consider the size of Amen-Moses's setup, it's not much bigger then the iBook. Infact I bet he carried it in a similar bag.

Small metal briefcase. ;)

I never intended to set it up in the pub, I just happened to have it in the car as I had taken it to work with me.

Amen-Moses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.