I reinstalled OS X for no reason..hmm

Reaction score
So, I reinstalled OS X hoping it would ask me which software I did and did not want. It never did. Or I missed it. So it's reinstalling everything (GarageBand, Office Trial, etc).. ugh. Did I miss an option somewhere that lets me pick which bundled software I do and do not want?

Reaction score
I'm not sure about any option Captn ... just delete what you don't want and if there is something you accidentally delete and want it back on it's own ....

Pacifist let's you install individual apps.

Shareware application that opens Mac OS X .pkg package files, .dmg disk image files, and .tar, .tgz, and .tar.gz archive files and allows you to extract individual files and folders out of them. This is useful, for instance, if an application which is installed by the operating system becomes damaged and needs to be reinstalled without the hassle of reinstalling all of Mac OS X (for example, if you had accidentally deleted Sherlock and wanted to reinstall it, but not the whole operating system). Pacifist is also able to verify existing installations and find missing or altered files*, and also has the ability to examine the kernel extensions installed in /System/Library/Extensions to determine which ones were installed by Apple and which may have been installed by third-party installers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
When you go through the installation, theres a button to do a custom installation, thats what you missed.

OP
C
Reaction score
Ah well, all I wanted to remove was GarageBand as I hear all its audio data can take up a bit of space. I suppose I can just use AppDelete to get rid of it and all its data files?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Ah well, all I wanted to remove was GarageBand as I hear all its audio data can take up a bit of space. I suppose I can just use AppDelete to get rid of it and all its data files?

you could just go into spotlight, search for garageband and delete it all..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.