• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I Paid $42 for Apple to Install a Screen Protector and I Ain’t Even Mad

Reaction score
I Paid $42 for Apple to Install a Screen Protector and I Ain’t Even Mad

iphone-x-screen-protector.jpg

Installing a screen protector yourself is one of the worst things ever, possibly worse than stubbing a toe. It’s so bad that I went to an Apple Store and paid them $42.75 to do it for me. I regret nothing.
Anyone who has ever tried to install a screen protector knows exactly what I’m talking about—you can never truly get it aligned correctly, and specs of dust always seem to make their way underneath the screen protector right as you go to lay it down.
RELATED: Does Your Smartphone Really Need a Screen Protector?
I eventually threw in the towel and went to an Apple Store, where I knew they had special little doohickies that can install a screen protector perfectly every time on your fancy new iPhone. The results are always fantastic.
[h=2]A Closer Look At Those Special Little Doohickies[/h]The screen protector applicators that you see at Apple Stores are actually of Belkin’s design, called the ScreenCare+ Application System.
It’s as easy as setting the iPhone and the screen protector into the slots (which line everything up for you), closing the shell, and then yanking off the protective films. A trained seal could probably do it.

The ScreenCare+ system is proprietary to Apple Stores, although T-Mobile stores have something similar from Belkin as well. Unfortunately, the public can’t buy these devices for themselves, so us peasants are stuck doing it the old-fashioned way.
[h=3]Read the remaining 7 paragraphs[/h]

Read more at howtogeek.com

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just several weeks ago purchased a Zagg Hard Glass screen protector for a new iPhone 8 and the nice lady at Best Buy put it on for me for free. And the Zagg Glass Protector did not cost anywhere near $42.75. But I guess if you want Apple stuff, you have to expect to pay Apple prices! :$ :giggle

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have one of those on my current iPhone. The nice folks at the local Verizon store put it on for me when I upgraded phones and like you I didn't pay anywhere near $42 for it. I had one on my last phone. When I went to turn it in the screen was in pristine condition after they cleaned off some dust that had gotten between the glass and screen protector.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Those Zagg hard glass screen protectors really work. My wife's older iPhone 6s+ looked like a disaster but when we pulled off the Zagg Screen Protector, it looked just like when we bought it. We now have a pristine 6s+ that we will probably give away to a friend or relative.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.