I officially hate Sundays

Reaction score
So here i am, sitting in front of my families Dell desktop, on a Sunday. In my other Firefox window... is the tracking information for my brand new MacBook Pro. Because it is Sunday, my new love is sitting in the local fed ex warehouse a few miles away, and because its Sunday... i won't get my hands on it till tomorrow. Its killing me!

ha ha but due to a trivial shipping arrangement, i already have the neoprene protective case for it... which arrived yesterday.

Anyways, this will be my first mac ever, and i am ecstatic about the purchase. After playing around with my boss's black macbook at work, and spending several hours at the local mac shop, i fell in love with the OS as well as the hardware. All these factors led me to buy a 15 inch MBP, 2.16ghz, 2gb memory, and a 160gb drive... which I'm thinking might just be the best investment i've made in along time. I plan on using it for college in the fall.

Anyways, i think by now i'm just ranting on. I've been lurking around the forums for quite some time researching (the most important thing to do when dealing with expensive items... honestly), and i decided it was time to finally say hey.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Welcome!

You've got just about the same set up as me, albeit you've got a bigger hard drive. You'll love it!

Make sure you've got the time to sit and play with it tomorrow, 'cause it's gonna be fun!

OP
T
Reaction score
thats what i'm looking forward to! I don't have to work again until Wednesday, and now that schools out...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
thats what i'm looking forward to! I don't have to work again until Wednesday, and now that schools out...

schools out...for summer or what??? curse you americans and your longer summer vacation! we still have two months left!!!!!!!!!!

anyways, yeah. its really annoying when your Macs on its way and BAM! Sunday...

Reaction score
I was excited when I got my mini...nearly blew my top when I got my iBook...and my iMac...let's not go into details. ;)

I can't imagine what getting a MBP would be like!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD
not to be a party pooper, but you should of waited till atleast this tuesday or WWDC to purchase one, cause they are releasing a new one sooon...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
not to be a party pooper, but you should of waited till atleast this tuesday or WWDC to purchase one, cause they are releasing a new one sooon...

yeah...d'oh!!!!

OP
T
Reaction score
i thought i read that there was no certainty that a new one was coming out.

Oh well, i don't really care. .. i'll still have an Apple ha ha.

M

MacHeadCase

Excellent way of seeing things, TheNexLexLuthor. If we were all to wait to buy a Mac just in case the next best and newest Model came around the corner, Apple would have died a long time ago. :)

Reaction score
I'd send that sucker back unopened, and get my money back or use the cash as credit for the new model. I think it's the same price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD
the updated one will be faster, and will have brighter screen because of led lighting and will have longer battery life i believe

Excellent way of seeing things, TheNexLexLuthor. If we were all to wait to buy a Mac just in case the next best and newest Model came around the corner, Apple would have died a long time ago. :)

i understand your point, but if the predicted update is just 2 days away, or a week away, why not wait. It never hurts to wait, esp a short time for a $2000+ investment; get your moneys worth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD, 8600M GT, iPod Classic 80Gb
I feel for you. I'm waiting for WWDC to get a new Macbook Pro and it's taking ages to get to the 11th.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.