I need help with router setup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
I admit up front that I don't know beans about this, so I kinda need some education.

I have a D-Link DI-614+ that indicates in the setup that my cable modem should be connected to the WAN port on the router.

When I connect to the WAN port I get nothing. If I try to use the D-Link "wizard" to set the initial settings it hangs on the auto detecting "WAN" attachments (that isn't exactly the wording…i assume that it is searching for the modem, but I don't know). I've tried to set it up manually, but still nothing.

When I connect the modem to one of the LAN ports I can connect. I'm using it now.

What am I missing on this? I've reset the router and the modem. I've searched the D-Link help files, as well as, the D-Link site. Nothing.

Thanks for any help. :confused:

OP
immdb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Hmmm, don't know what I did…or how I did it! I now have the modem connected to the WAN port and everything appears to working correctly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.