I need help with accent marks on letters!

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've encountered a problem with which Windows never amazed me. This involves an Estonian-setting keyboard with using French language accent marks.
The keyboard setting is QWERTY, however I am missing half of the accent marks. I can type é or á, but to reverse the marks - completely impossible without using a French keyboard setting (which, unfortunately, edits the QWERTY to AZERTY, thus being drastically different)

What would be the best solution - to keep the QWERTY setting with access to French accent marks.

// Edit: I've tried different combinations with Alt or Cmd keys, however with no satisfactory results

C

chas_m

Sorry, I'm a little confused. You want to type in Estonian?

If so, simply select Estonian from the "Language & Text -> Imput Sources" system preference (this is for Snow Leopard, older versions will have an "International" panel) and use Keyboard Viewer to see where the other accent marks one uses in that language are. Once you've memorized the key sequences, you won't need KB Viewer anymore.

And of course you can switch back to "English" input at any time by clicking on the Estonian flag in your menubar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
On my wired Apple keyboard, the reverse of the accents are the button to the left of the button with 1 (one) on it (below the tilda). Same Option + works on mine.

Reaction score
for the other mark èàìòù press (option + ` then the letter you want) the ` is next to the 1. for áéíóú you press (option + e). äëïöü is (option + U). THere are others, but you can find them online through a simple google search. If you want to access these on a iPhone/iPod Touch, just hold down the letter for a few seconds and a panel comes up with the accents.

Reaction score
I always keep the keyboard and character viewer in the menu bar for odd letters as well. You can set that up in the keyboard section of system preferences.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.