I imported an AAF tp Logic and it created many multiples of the same track. Any way around that?

Reaction score
I'm using a program called Descript to edit some podcasts, and then sending it over to Logic to fine tune stuff.

I'd never imported an AAF to Logic before. For the two speakers, instead of always referencing the same file for their audio, it imported the file and each time, renaming it with a number at the end, every time there was a cut e.g. Host_1, Host_2, Host_3, even though it's always referencing the same file. Ideally, the project I create with the AAF only copies over that file once and uses it as a reference each time it's being used.

Is there any way around this? To be clear, I don't know if this is an issue with an AAF from this particular program or with settings on Logic for importing an AAF. I'm not quite sure where to start on this one. For all I know, there is no way to import with an AAF and not have it do view each cut of a clip as its own discrete file, but hopefully there is?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 5.1 3.1 2.1 iMacs,Minis,Lampshade,G4,G3 desktops ColorClassic (PPC),etc
Doesn't answer your question, but if there's not too many cuts/tracks and they don't overlap, can you just move them all to one track?
It seems to me that AAF deals with multiple tracks so I think the import is doing what it should.
Confession....I've never imported AAF myself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.