I have 2009 IMAC with 8GB Ram Yoseimite

Reaction score
I have 10.10.5. I need 10.11 to update my apps. My APP store does not have a 10.11 upgrade listed.
I am sure there are plenty who have this same problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day band welcome to the forums.

You may have left it too late to get OS X.11 from Apple. Apple removes operating systems from the App Store after a subsequent system is released. We recommend downloading it at the time of release even if it is not installed, just sitting in the Applications Folder. You may be able to find a copy burned to a DVD/thumb drive on eBay and such.

Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 USB Bootable Installer Recovery For iMac Macbook Pro | eBay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I have 2009 IMAC with 8GB Ram Yoseimite
I have 10.10.5. I need 10.11 to update my apps.

Which 2009 iMac model do you have as you may be ableto go further using this method that was posted some time ago:
How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan
OS X El Capitan remains available for Mac computers that can't upgrade to macOS Mojave, High Sierra, or Sierra, or that need to upgrade to El Capitan first.
How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support

PS: I don't know if Apple has killed off this method or not.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
That link Patrick applies for upgrading from Snow Leopard only. Maybe glory has Snow Leopard DVD, could do a clean erase and install and then follow your link?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That link Patrick applies for upgrading from Snow Leopard only.

I'm not that sure that it's for upgrading from Snow Leopard only, as the link has a link to the App Store to download OS X El Capitan Installer which may be available if the OP's Mac is compatible.

Wouldn't hurt to try. It shows "Get" (ie Download whe I get there but it's also in my App Store Purchases which I gather it's not for the OP.)

I find it hard to believe how dumbed down and almost belligerent Apple is to make any late OS update such a hassle if not next to impossible for some users to do.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If old glory really needs just the Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Installer, try here:
I REALLY NEED A MAC OS X YOSEMITE INSTALLER !!! (.app) : MacOS
Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Free Download - All Mac World go here and click on the grey box where it says download

It will open another page and if it doesn't download it automatically click where it says

"If your download does not start after clicking the button, then you can click here."
Then finally Click Here:
Downloading... - All Mac World

It seems fairly legit. But also depends on how desperate the OP is I guess.

- Patrick
======

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.5 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
That link Patrick applies for upgrading from Snow Leopard only. Maybe glory has Snow Leopard DVD, could do a clean erase and install and then follow your link?

The article starts off by saying: "You can upgrade to OS X El Capitan from OS X Snow Leopard or later on any of the following Mac models"......

My interpretation of that means that it is not confined to SL.

Just a thought.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.