I got an important question about my mac

Reaction score
OK well my mac is just starting to run slow and alot of things are not working so I just want to restart the mac as if it were new again. I remeber when I was on a windows computer I could do like a system format and erase everything and start the computer as if it were brand new again with nothing installed on it etc... I was wondering how do I do this on my Mac OS X 10.4.9 Power PC G5? I would really appreciate it if you could answer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
OK well my mac is just starting to run slow and alot of things are not working so I just want to restart the mac as if it were new again. I remeber when I was on a windows computer I could do like a system format and erase everything and start the computer as if it were brand new again with nothing installed on it etc... I was wondering how do I do this on my Mac OS X 10.4.9 Power PC G5? I would really appreciate it if you could answer.

all you need is your restore disc(s) that came with the machine when you got it new.. that will wipe your computer and you can start fresh.. if you don't have the restore disc(s) you can buy them from apple.. I spent $35 for two disc(s) and overnight shipping from apple.. You could also try ebay but that is hit and miss..

Reaction score
KoDorSean's advice is good .... You could also run Disc Utility and repair Permissions and verify your Hard Drive ...

MacintoshHD -> Applications -> Utilities ->
Disk Utility

OP
Reaction score
so where can I get these restore disks? at a mac store? or would it be possible to download and burn one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Pulse....pulse...can you hear me...pulse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
You'll have to call up and ask (and possibly explain why you lost them.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.