I, er, stepped on my iPod >.<

L

louisa

yeah. The screen is all messed up now and there's this blue dye-like substance coming out of the iPod under the screen. It still works, but it's really messed up. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
probably either send to them and pay the repair charges or buy a brand new 4g.

OP
C

Cloudane

Knowing Apple's repair charges, it'll probably be cheaper to buy anew. Or maybe see if there's a decent 3rd party who will repair it.

OP
G

gailwin

My iPod's not messed up, but whenever you look at my screen with polarized sunglasses, u see the liquid the screen's made of. The screen's liquid. that's why that crap is coming out of it. If i were you, i would salvage the hard drive and battery and whatever else you can (not the screen) and i would buy a NEW 3rd GENERATION iPOD. the new 4th generation one's are too screwed up and new and i wouldn't take the chances of having problems with it like i've been hearing. i'd probably buy one off eBay.

p/s: i dropped my IBM thinkpad on the floor and nothing like that happened to it. actually, nothing happened to it at all. it's still in mint condition.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I stepped on my iPod 3 times, nothing wrong here...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
My 4g iPod has no problems whatsoever. I don't think you can base the quality of the 4g iPod on something like it being stepped on (something it obviously was not designed to do). While it's good that some have stepped on theirs and not damaged it, I don't think I would jump to the conclusion that it's the 4g's fault if I stepped on it and the screen was damaged.

The parties who have stepped on their ipods should include their body weight in lbs and what type of footwear (if any) was worn at the time of the iPod stomping. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
hmm, just checked the manual of my recently bought 3G iPod... doesn't mention stepping on it... am I missing something?? :D :D :D

As gort said, body weight (in lbs AND kg) and/or footwear would be interesting to know...to know how much the iPod can take ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
my iPod has been thrown, thrashed, stepped on and dunked in pepto bismol and it still works! Ok, the hard drive is screwed up cuz its clicking but Apple did that when THEY dropped it on to their hard floor so im having them replacing it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Almost 200 pounds, and my iPod lives!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Absolute Zero said:
Almost 200 pounds, and my iPod lives!

THAT shows how solid it is... :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Uhh, thanks....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.