• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

I don't believe this, do you?????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I don't even need to click on the link to know that I don't believe (or for that matter, care) whatever it says.
If it isn't posted on or linked to a page on www.apple.com, then as far as I am concerned it simply isn't true.

Reaction score
Oh, geez. If it's true, that blows. One of the things I was waiting for was Leopard, but if it's going to be that long, my will to wait just weakened. I really have no interest in Vista...when I make my purchase of the MBP, I'll run XP in BootCamp or Parallels, but won't touch Vista.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook, 2GB DDR, 160GB 7200rpm SATA, Super Drive
This is Horrific...

What the **** are they thinking? Boot Camp sucks anyways and parallels already works with Vista! Ugh, this sounds fishy to me...:radioacti

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" macbook pro, 4gb ram
yeah i would suggest it is false i cant see apple delaying to add support for vista

Reaction score
Apple is a business like any other, they want to make money. I could see holding off to support Vista because it would give potential buyers one less reason why not to buy it.

I have no clue if it is true or not though.

OP
S
Reaction score
What? I said that Parallels can ALREADY run Vista.

Besides have you ever heard of software updates via from the Internet? Apple can easily update their BootCamp and put it up on the Internet for those that who want to download it. Apple has been doing this for years. There's NO need to stop Leopard for this.

That article was just about the stupidest article I ever read.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
well i'm glad to see that apple co. is trying its hardest to create the best os there is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
well i'm glad to see that apple co. is trying its hardest to create the best os there is.

Judging by the competition (particularly Vista), Apple doesn't have to try very hard at all :mac:

Reaction score
Besides have you ever heard of software updates via from the Internet? Apple can easily update their BootCamp and put it up on the Internet for those that who want to download it. Apple has been doing this for years. There's NO need to stop Leopard for this.

Do you really want Apple to get into the practice of releasing software that they don't consider finished with plans to finish it using updates at a later date?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I don't intend to use bootcamp at all and I'm sure there are others who don't either. It would make a lot more sense to release Leopard and then an updated version of bootcamp later, why wait just for Vista support?

If Leopard supports only Windows XP, then the chances of the new OS attracting Windows users to buy an Apple computer decreases, stated industry observers, noting that with Vista support, Apple's chances of increasing its share of the PC market would increase.

If they release it now (Or soon) and then an updated version of bootcamp in October then doesn't that have the same effect (with regards to attracting Windows users) as delaying the whole thing? The only difference is they keep their current users happy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook C2D 2GHz 1GB Ram 80GB HD
What? I said that Parallels can ALREADY run Vista.

That article was just about the stupidest article I ever read.

Um...I'm a brand new Mac user, and I don't want apple to start doing things like releasing OS X with bugs and then patching the bugs when they get around to it. That is one of my reasons why I switched to a Mac, to not get a buggy operating system only to not have some things work natively and have to spend my time to get said things to work until they realease a service pack or something.
If you want that kind of service, stick with Microsoft Windows. I'm not intending that to be mean, so if I offend you with the above statements, I am sorry. I'm just not sure I could get my point across, without being blunt. :bone:

OP
S
Reaction score
Um...I'm a brand new Mac user, and I don't want apple to start doing things like releasing OS X with bugs and then patching the bugs when they get around to it. That is one of my reasons why I switched to a Mac, to not get a buggy operating system only to not have some things work natively and have to spend my time to get said things to work until they realease a service pack or something.
If you want that kind of service, stick with Microsoft Windows. I'm not intending that to be mean, so if I offend you with the above statements, I am sorry. I'm just not sure I could get my point across, without being blunt. :bone:

Bugs? What bugs? According to this stupid article, LEOPARD IS READY TO GO except for BootCamp can't support Vista yet. That's NOT a bug.

It's a added feature that Apple can easily do on their updated BootCamp on their software updates in October. Again, what I'm saying is nothing new for Apple. Apple has been updating their software through the Internet for years. Or do you think that 10.5.0 will be the end of Leopard updates? I hate to tell you this but it's not. Probably the next two years Leopard will go from 10.5.0 to 10.5.9. Just like the previous OS X operating systems. BTW they all been updated by Apple's software update through the Internet.

Apple could bundle the updated BootCamp with 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 in October too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
An analyst with Jupiter Research.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would suggest doing some internet research on them. You'll find quite alot. :)

But in short, yes, they do. I wouldn't put much stock in anything Digitimes has to say.

Reaction score
I wouldn't put much stock in anything said by anybody anytime prior to the actual release or any DIRECT Apple statement. We all know that. Spring has meteorologically just begun, and will run until June 21st, so Apple has time.

And I think Vista support can be shipped via an update if they really feel they need to go into so much trouble.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.