I can't bypass the SIM activation screen

Reaction score
I have an iphone 5s that is locked to a service called West central wireless. The cell service in my area is dominated by that service. I have already activated the service using an old west central wireless sim card, but when I insert another sim card through my current provider(Straight talk), it immediately restarts the activation screen, until I take out the foreign card. I need to find a way to disable this screen or bypass it, because the problem is that the service works with no issue ( it picks up signal, and can probably make phone calls and texts). I know there must be a way to bypass it, because it seems like a very small issue. I can't unlock it using any unlock service because west central wireless is a small, local service.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As of August 1, 2014 it's legal to unlock your phone in the US regardless of who the provider is so you have no worry there. Find an unlocking service that works on any phone not just a particular carrier. There are services that will unlock any phone but unfortunately it's not going to be free. Otherwise, ask West Central Wireless to do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.