I cannot open pdfs in Safari

Reaction score
I cannot open pdfs in Safari. I can open them in Firefox. Right now I have pdfs on my desktop and they just say pdf on them instead of showing the contents. If i right click I can scroll down to "open with" and choose "preview" and that works. I need to fix this. If you have instructions for me include all of the steps because i am not that savvy. For instance, I have no idea how to locate "library" etc.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
And... you've posted to three other old threads with the same basic question. Please do not cross post.

You probably have the Adobe reader set as the default for opening PDFs. When you select Preview, make sure you also select the option (right click, get info, then select "use this application to open all") to open all PDFs. Your user Library is hidden by default. You can view it by using the GO, go to folder, menu item from Finder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.