I am so excited!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2.0 GHz, 1GB RAM, 100GB HDD, AirBase Express =)
Big difference in the photo!

Are you using CS2 on a intel mac? if so are you running it through windows bootcamp or whatever?

I am DYING for CS3 to come out. I had CS on my PC but now that I have switched over to MAC I am having PS withdrawals.

BUT, I do have 700 dollars saved for when CS3 finally comes out! =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
She's using it on a G5 iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Nice job, not sure how you accomplished it here but if you would like...

Try this

Convert the image to LAB color space. Then create a curves adjustment layer. You will get a little box that allows you to select the L, A, or B channel. Color shifts take place in the A and B channels...not the L, so go to one of those.

Grab either corner and move it a bit, the A channel works with Red and Green the B channel with Blue and Yellow. Once you get the hang of it, its a great way to get rid of color casts in a non-RAW image.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

Thanks guys!

Yes wax32 as Stretch says I use an iMac G5 and use CS 2.

Odin I'll try to play around with LAB this weekend to try out what you suggest. We use LAB to quickly change a colour photo to grayscale as the L channel has better contrast than simply clicking to convert RGB or CMYK to grayscale.

Reaction score
MHC...
I was wondering which school you are studying photography in ?

ps. I wish i had learnt more in PS, when i had the chance. Although im studying in Graphic Design, so i don't use PS daily like Photographers do.

Reaction score
i havent heard of it.
im studying at Dawson College, which is where I thought you would be at.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
I used both Photoshop and Color Studio. And, I have to say that Color Studio is the best software for any kind of photo applications.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
I had taken a couple of years ago some photo at the Biodôme and the lighting was that atrocious low pressure sodium orange light.

Yuck! I didn't have a correcting filter on my lens and had only recently bought my EOS 300D at the time so hadn't experimented with the White Balance adjustment (hmm... come to think of it, I haven't done that with my EOS 350D either! Oopsy!) so all my shots came out looking pretty horrid.

I tried correcting them in Photoshop but I had limited knowledge and the things I tried really didn't work at all. I kept those photos anyway just in case one day I could find a solution.

So anyway this week we learned all about the Adjustment Layers in Photoshop, among them is the Photo Filter, Selective Color, Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layers and it does a wonderful job! w00t!!!

It's one thing to learn new stuff, it's quite another to see what you learn in action! Yay!!!
icon6.gif

By the way MHC. I have been to Biodome. My cousin's wife took me there when I was visiting. Also, here in California, I saw a documentary about the architect who built it and the whole process. Very interesting, where it started and how it ended.
I heard horror stories about the Olympic stadium, though.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

The Big O? Tell me about it! Yeesh!

I hope you liked your visit, John! :girl:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.