I am serious freezing problem help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Book G3 600mhz 384mb 20mb cd-rom 56k lan wireless card
I ask again my computer freezes and can not get off page.I tried to watch a news clip and it froze again.It shows a spinning wheel.I can not close or get off page i wait 10 min and it still will not let me log off or anything.I do not know how to cancel and get page to stop or close.I want to know how do i tell if fan is bad in computer.I hear no noise and it heats up.I used a kool pac to keep it cool.Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
I ask again my computer freezes and can not get off page.I tried to watch a news clip and it froze again.It shows a spinning wheel.I can not close or get off page i wait 10 min and it still will not let me log off or anything.I do not know how to cancel and get page to stop or close.I want to know how do i tell if fan is bad in computer.I hear no noise and it heats up.I used a kool pac to keep it cool.Thanks

You probably don't want to do this very often, but when your iBook freezes, you can press and hold the power button until it turns off.
Also, maybe your web browser (Firefox, Safari, etc.) is not working well. Try using another browser, and see if you have the same problems.

About the fan - it probably is bad, because it is not cooling down the computer. If you have AppleCare, and your three years have not expired yet, you should go to your local apple store and ask them to test your fan (just to make sure it's bad) and if it's bad, you should ask them to replace it.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Book G3 600mhz 384mb 20mb cd-rom 56k lan wireless card
occurs on firefox and safari

I do shut it down that way i was hopping for a better shut down system,when i just shut it down i have to redo firefox and am afraid i will lose others.I have a older system Panther.As for fan will have to replace it myself.Thank you for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.