Hub with many USB C ports (?)

Reaction score
I have an MBP (16 inch,1999) with Big Sur and I'd like a hub with a goodly number of USB C ports.
I'd willingly sacrifice card ports for the advantage for more USB C ports.
The older USB ports are not necessary because I hardly ever use them and in any case I already have a small plug adapter.
Comments greatly appreciated.
M

Reaction score
The MBP was introduced in 2006. 22 years ago there was no MBP. And if you have a MBP from before 2016, it won't have USB-C, it will have an older version of USB. So I'm guessing that your MBP is much, much more recent than "1999".

A USB-C hub chipset will only support up to 4 ports. So it may be impossible to find a hub with more ports total than that.

General Recommendations for a USB-C hub:
https://www.imore.com/best-usb-c-hubs-macbook-pro

For more recent Macs, you might want a USB-C hub that supports Thunderbolt, for more throughput.

OP
M
Reaction score
The MBP was introduced in 2006. 22 years ago there was no MBP. And if you have a MBP from before 2016, it won't have USB-C, it will have an older version of USB. So I'm guessing that your MBP is much, much more recent than "1999".

A USB-C hub chipset will only support up to 4 ports. So it may be impossible to find a hub with more ports total than that.

General Recommendations for a USB-C hub:
https://www.imore.com/best-usb-c-hubs-macbook-pro

For more recent Macs, you might want a USB-C hub that supports Thunderbolt, for more throughput.

OK and apologies for the typo!
I meant 2019.
I'll look at your suggestion but if the revised date helps, I'd be grateful for further comments.
Thank you ...
M

OP
M
Reaction score
Just looked at the link that you sent ... some really good suggestions.
Thanks very much.
M

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.