How to save my place on a document

Reaction score
I am using Microsoft Word for Mac 2011 to write a medium-length book on my iMac. I have some 200 pages completed. How do I save the position of where I leave off so the next time I open Word I will be where I stopped previously so I don't have to scroll downward through the entire book?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried to use the "insert Bookmark" option from the "Insert" menu? That should allow you to go to that bookmark when you open the document. By the way, Word 2011 is not the best application for writing long documents like books and dissertations. Maybe too late for you, but "Scrivener" shines at that. Consider using that instead.

OP
O
Reaction score
Yes, I have seen that software, and you are correct, that is a very nice little program. Probably should have pulled the trigger on that one when I had the chance. You are also correct regarding the fact that I am in too deep now. I'm looking at another 100 - 150 pages to bring it home. Thank you very much for your quick response and for your assistance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.