how to save my imovie...

Reaction score
I finished a movie on imovie but can't find a way to save it on a usb stick or elsewhere (before i upload it to youtube) any helpers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Simply use the Share button and choose the File option to save it to Finder.

OP
J
Reaction score
thank you, just wondering if I can before save it under a different name, since it always tells me: "there is an older version of xy do you want to update" just worried not to save the wrong version...
jj

OP
J
Reaction score
hi thanks Chaz,
i thought i was getting there, but I'm stuck at youtube, where it says upload to youtube the "next" button doesn't activate. I don't know if I'm especially stupid or if imovie makes it people especially hard. I'v uploaded stuff from iphoto a lot. But Imovie doesn't go anywhere. Its about 856 MB large, so it can't be the size I guess...

C

chas_m

Is the movie longer than 10 minutes? I believe YouTube does not accept files longer than that without a pro account.

Reaction score
I'm not a "pro" member and I can upload long clips. I've uploaded 35 minute clips and projects. You just need to be a "regular" member in good standing (no copyright complaints and no videos forcibly taken down). I'm guessing that there is a minimum length of time you've been a member as well, not sure though.

C

chas_m

Thanks for the clarification, Spellbinder. Good to know.

Okay, so then I guess the next thing to ask the OP is to take a screen shot of where he is stuck in the process, which might provide a clue as to why he's stuck there.

Reaction score
Actually, I just found this: Upload videos longer than 15 minutes

dwdft0.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
where it says upload to youtube the "next" button doesn't activate.
I've had that in the past. Just Share to File, save it in Finder then upload from the Youtube webpage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.