How to Save Face Time Contacts

Reaction score
Could some explain how to save a contact in facetime, I type the name and phone number in but there is no save option. What I am trying to do is put a list of contacts in so I don't have to enter them every time I want to face time them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Save the information in Contacts, then FaceTime can retrieve the information from there.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Ah, Jake has beaten me to it again:)

I was only going to say that you don't save contact info within FaceTime, but within the Contacts app.

If you have a bunch of folks with whom you regularly share FaceTime, create a Group within Contacts - call it, say, FT or whatever you like. That makes it much easier to locate these people.

Ian

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Is this on macOS, or iOS/iPadOS?

In Contacts on any Apple device is the answer.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's always good reminder for folks who use the contacts.app to keep a backup of all your contacts. Making a backup of your contacts is very easy. You can export them to vCard format or PDF. The vCard format works best as you can directly import them back into the contacts.app.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.