How to run an Imacon Photo with a new mac?

Reaction score
Hi

I just got an old Imacon Photo scanner, which uses the software "flexcolor 4.0.4 mac". The latest mac OS the software is compatible with would be 10.5.x (leopard).
I was wondering, how I could get the scanner going with my set-up:
My primary mac is a macbook pro (10.9.4), which is way to modern for the mentioned software. When buying the scanner it came with a mac g4 tower, which has an OS that is able to run the software. I have no screen for the tower, though.

I was thinking about the following solutions:
1. Get parallels on my macbook pro, and then run the software with leopard. The tricky part is the fact that the only connection to the scanner is with a scsi cabel, and there is no scsi card in my macbook pro.
2. Use the mac g4 tower with the scanner (which works), and then use the macbook pro as a monitor, if that is possible?
3. The easy solution, buy a screen for the mac g4 tower, and only run the scanner through that.

about the software:
System Requirements
Mac OS X vers.10.2.1 to 10.5.x (Leopard) is supported.

Compatibility
FlexColor 4.0.4 does not support SCSI on Intel based Macs.
Make sure before upgrading to OS 10.5 ( Leopard ), that your SCSI card is supported under this OS.
This and future version(s) will not offer support for OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

link: http://www.hasselblad.de/service--support/technischer-support/software-archive.aspx

thanks,
Deniz Gül

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.