how to rotate annotations in Preview

OP
D
Reaction score
This came up as the terminal command, it rotates the image, not sure if one can select the annotation that way and turn just that.

That's well known how to rotate jpeg files from the terminal window. But that's not what we're talking about here. It's rotating Preview annotations, which you CAN do with a trackpad.

OP
D
Reaction score
I just came across this where one can supposedly rotatean image in Preview by very fine steps by holding down the option button.
I tried it on Mojave - doesn't work. When I hold down the option button and rotate, the rotate option just changes direction.

However, those post a are from 2005, at the time it seems there was actually both a rotate right and rotate left button and with those one could rotate in fine steps. Looks like a featurethat has disappeared from Preview.
Here is the link: http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=2005012115382953

Holding down the option button on a preview annotation just duplicates that annotation. That is, it DOES do something, but not what I want. Holding down the option button while you press the rotate button just rotates in 90 degree increments in the opposite direction.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.