how to prevent startup loading screen?

Reaction score
when i turn on my laptop and after i input my password there is a loading screen. scroll bar that moves from left to right. usually takes 10 seconds or less. than it brings me to my desktop and everything is normal.

is there any way to prevent this or is this just a part of the operating system now?

honestly switched from a windows pc to a mac about 2 years and the biggest reason was because with windows after you put in your password it takes like 2-5 minutes before windows loads with all your desktop items. use to be on mac, you put in your password and less than a second everything is up and ready to go. now there's a small delay.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
is there any way to prevent this or is this just a part of the operating system now?

No way to prevent it as that is how the new start up looks. Keep in mind that OS X has grown larger over years and more powerful with each new version. Get used to it. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Are you shutting down your laptop each time and then powering it on? The bar sounds like your loading OS X from a complete shutdown. If that is what you are doing then it does take a bit longer.

Why don't you try putting your laptop to sleep? Just close the lid and it should go to sleep. I do this with both my laptops. I rarely restart them - maybe once a month or so.

Lisa

C

chas_m

The only time I ever restart my MacBook Pro is because a software update requires it, or I've just run OnyX. So maybe every three months or so?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.