How to migrate Apple mail folders to new iMac?

Reaction score
I am migrating my work from my old 24" 2012 iMac to a 27" iMac this week. My Apple mail is working on both devices, and I can send/reply from both. Of course.
:D

Yet, how do I keep/transfer my dozens of mail folders on my old iMac, that I keep for various projects/clients to show up on my new iMac? Some are emails that are years old that I use for referrals. I can't imagine trying to have to scroll down years back to find a specific email topic, previous client, etc. Whereas before I could find them in a specific folder. Any idea how to do that, please?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Before we dive too far into the deep end of the lake, I have a couple of questions that might help us get things sorted out quickly.
1. Have you transferred any of your other data to the new Mac yet? If so, how did you do that?
2. Are you currently using iCloud on either machine?

OP
R
Reaction score
Before we dive too far into the deep end of the lake, I have a couple of questions that might help us get things sorted out quickly.
1. Have you transferred any of your other data to the new Mac yet? If so, how did you do that?
2. Are you currently using iCloud on either machine?
1. Not yet. Wanted to do this weekend. Reading in apple.com. Using Wifi I think.
2 have iCloud on both. My photos and email are on both if that’s a factor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.