How to Link Reminders to MacBook Pro & iPhones

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac OS Monterey Version 12.1
We need help please. Hope this is the right forum ?

We have a MacBook Pro and are running MacOS Big Sur. We also have a XS Max iPhone version iOS 14.6

For the Reminders Application -

When we make a Task/Event in Reminders - we can't figure out how to Link the Reminder to our Calendar(s) on our MacBook and our iPhones ?

How do we Link Reminders to our Calendars?

Thanks, gamboolman....

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Can you perhaps explain what you want to do in a bit more detail/give an example? I may be a little dense this morning, but I'm not sure what you are trying to do.

If you're trying to sync reminders so that they appear on all devices, that can be done rather easily by logging each device into iCloud with the same Apple ID and turning on the option to sync reminders.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
If what you want is for Reminders to appear on the Calendar, I've never found a way to make that happen. However, Reminders can be set for a date and time for them to remind you of the activity, it just doesn't show up on Calendar until then.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac OS Monterey Version 12.1
Thanks for the prompt replies.

I was wanting to be able to make Reminders to appear on the Calendar.

But it sounds like this is not a Option at this point.

Thank you both for the assistance and clarification !

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
There may be some third-party apps that will do what you are trying to do.

In the meantime, here's a procedure that I use that you may find useful, It does require a double-entry, but with a little practice, I can usually get it done quickly. For purposes of this discussion, let us assume that I have a task that has to be completed within the next month, and I want to be reminded about that periodically over the next month. The task also has a calendar event associated with it. Here's what I do:

1.Set a recurring event in Reminders. In my case, I want it to end on the day the task is due with reminders every day, but your needs may be different.
2. If the task has something like a meeting attached to the due date, enter that into your calendar and perhaps enter an alert a day or two before that reminds you the meeting is coming.

I have a reminder using this method, I have the reminder, but it doesn't take up space on the calendar till I need it to be there.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There may be some third-party apps that will do what you are trying to do.

A bit expensive especially for the Premium version = Fantastical

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.